POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to Unexpire Beta 3.5 : Re: How to Unexpire Beta 3.5 Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:25:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to Unexpire Beta 3.5
From: KalleK
Date: 16 Jan 2002 16:54:44
Message: <3c45f6a4@news.povray.org>
> How about this:

> > at least 1000 other people did (that's approximately how many
> > povwin35-beta-10 copies were downloaded in the 24 hours since I put the
file
> > up - the first one being at 14 Jan 21:29 hrs US eastern standard time).

Well, I wouldn't call this an official announcement. It could be an ironic
(sort of) statement to the fact that no one waits till the announcement :-)
In fact I thought Chris might be a bit angry about that. (but I can
understand, that my interpretation of his statement ist not that logical).

Chris post is not a thread of it's own (well, maybe you don't like an extra
thread to the group, there are enough per day, and everyone searching the
group for real bugreports has to go through more than enough posts that
"consist" of no bug). But you could interprete the first answer of a
Pov-team-Member to a report of a bug-in-a-new-version as official
announcement, that now, you can dwonload the hot stuff...
If that's ok - ok.

Thank you anyway!

cukk